Saturday, August 28, 2010

Chicano Batman & Blind Willie Johnson


so one (among several) downsides to being far away from California...
little or no chance of seeing Chicano Batman
or picking up their new LP at Amoeba Records

I went to a local music store, one that shall remain unnamed
& I asked them if they could order it...they told me
"oh, you know, San Francisco is always like six months ahead of us"
so true

these dudes remind me of El Paso, just super-chill, I can feel that dry heat
(even though they're from LA)


on an unrelated note, I've been loving the Harry Smith
particularly the blues/gospel material
so I did my own take on Blind Willie Johnson's


(although my rendition probably has more in common with a later version done by Son House)











No comments:

Post a Comment