Monday, April 12, 2010

Crash On The Levee


so I decided, on a whim, to stumble into this beer joint in Portland called
& to prove I had made a fatefully inevitable decision,
they were playing Lightnin' Hopkins
what else could a fella ask for?
good Belgian beer & some perfect blues

recently had the good fortune of checking out this downtempo doom jazz group
from Germany called

their best album is called Dolores and if you ever see it on vinyl, steal it, send it to me
and I'll be sure to get you a Christmas card...forever

best I could say about their music - it seems to capture the essence of comfortable melancholy

also, when I've been nostalgic for the crazies on the streets of San Francisco, I find the crash'n thrash of the Bay's own Pink & Brown to be a welcome whiff of drunko stink...
ahh, just like the BART


helped give me some ideas for a rendition of Dylan's


No comments:

Post a Comment