Saturday, April 3, 2010

music to wash dishes to


Mainers are nice folks, they introduce me to their dogs, they laugh at my jokes

After all the fun out at the coast, I just wanted to peruse the shops for loud music that pairs well with Pernod (the way an antiquer might seek an armoire that suits their guest bedroom)

The two recordings I procured at Strange Maine were -

A)Ophibre – Music for Casio Keyboard and Heavy Objects

B)The Ghastly Grimey Orchestra – Edward Gorey Tribute

Then I walked down Congress to Enterprise Records

Came in and “The Grass Is Greener” by Grassella Oliphant was playing.

Never heard it before, but dug it.

Got three records there –

A)John Coltrane – Coltrane Plays The Blues

B)Thelonious Monk – Quartet & Big Band Live

C)Lennie Tristano - Tristano

And in the cool-down of the evening, I gave Moon Duo and Ilyas Ahmed’s “Between Two Skies” a listen.

Today has had its fair share of quandratic moments, like a parade of neh-ked-ish folks down Free Street in the afternoon, but I think a sure remedy is a bit of Pemaquid Ale and then Sleep.

Support local music, if you know you shouldn’t take your shirt off…please don’t (take your shirt off)

No comments:

Post a Comment